Updated February 21, 2023
At its Feb. 21, 2023 meeting, and upon the recommendation of the Outings Committee, the Mid-Hudson ADK Board approved the following changes to our COVID policy:
(Note: COVID guidelines may differ among chapters and from Club guidelines based on local circumstances.)
The new MH guidelines:
- eliminate the vaccination requirement for all activities;
- recommend, but not require, that masks be worn when carpooling or when indoors in groups;
- asks that anyone with signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection at the time of the outing/program refrain from participating, and that anyone who has tested positive for COVID within 10 days of the outing follow CDC guidelines;
- notes leaders can post requirements as they determine and that any participant may choose to wear a mask at any time;
- these guidelines may be changed at any time as circumstances (i.e., ADK Club policies, CDC guidelines) may require,
Updated January 7, 2022
The Mid-Hudson Chapter of ADK, in alignment with ADK, has updated our outing restrictions due to Covid 19 and the emergence of new variants.
Outing participants over the age of 5 must show proof of vaccination unless a valid medical exemption is provided. (See additional health and safety protocols below.)
As has been our Chapter policy, leaders may use their discretion in accordance with Federal and State Covid guideline to set rules and limitations for their hikes as they deem fit.
ADK COVID-19 Guidelines:
“As we continue to monitor the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have adopted the following health and safety protocols to protect our guests, visitors, staff, members, and others who engage with ADK. These guidelines have been developed using federal, state, and local guidance and are updated as new data and recommendations emerge.
All chapter outing and gathering organizers and participants over the age of 5 are required to show proof of vaccination upon arrival unless a valid medical exemption is provided. In addition to this, organizers and participants must:
- Bring proper personal protective equipment (PPE) in the form of a face covering (mask)
- Wear a face mask when indoors or within 6 feet of others
- Not have any of the signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection at the time of the program, or within the last 10 days prior to the program.
- Not have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days or had contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case within the last 10 days.
If an organizer or participant does not meet all of the above criteria, they will not be allowed to attend a chapter outing or gathering.
In addition to these measures, ADK highly discourages carpooling and large group gatherings at this time. If either of these are pursued, then they must follow all of the aforementioned guidelines and be in accordance with local health regulations.”
For additional information, please see the ADK website: https://adk.org/covid-19-guidelines/
Updated September 15, 2021
The Mid-Hudson Chapter of ADK, in alignment with ADK, has reinstated outing restrictions due to Covid 19 and the emergence of new variants. Outing participants must be vaccinated, unless medically exempt. If an event is indoors then masks are required. As has been our Chapter policy, leaders may use their discretion in accordance with Federal and State Covid guideline to set rules and limitations for their hikes as they deem fit.
Updated June 21, 2021
The Mid-Hudson Chapter of ADK has lifted all outing restrictions due to Covid 19; however, leaders may continue to set rules and limitations for their hikes/PADDLES as they deem fit.
Mid Hudson ADK COVID-19 Safety Hiking/Paddling Guidelines for Outings
Updated April 25, 2021